Monday, December 11, 2006

On My Own...

Mike is working in the Kootenays this week. He left early this morning and will be home on Friday, sometime. So it's just me minding things til then. Last night was wild and windy, and I see there's a wind warning up for today too. This morning I lifted a small aspen off the fence in Buck's pasture, mended the electric fence, re-secured a couple of tarps, and filled the woodbox in the house. Being a nurse is on the agenda for this afternoon. Gotta pay the bills.

2 comments:

Berni said...

I am pleased you found me, it is nice to connect to other BCites. I have driven throug Lone Bute.

Quite an adventure for you starting a hobby farm. We have thought of raising rabbits. Have you plans to do that?

Rupert your donkey - we know a woman who raises miniture donkeys in Rose Lake, would that be where you got him.

I will be interested in your short season garden also. We are still learning up here.

We moved from Vancouver Island, just over three years ago so we are newbies in the North also.

Karen said...

hi vic,

I'd like a couple of goats, but don't think I'd raise rabbits. I'd never be able to kill them.

Rupert came from 70 Mile, and before that lived at the Hills Health Ranch at the 108. Does the woman at Rose Lake have a website?

I'll be doing plenty of blogging re the garden as it gets underway, mostly because I'm a terrible record keeper and it'll be an easy way to look back and see what worked and what didn't.

Thanks for stopping by!