Sunday, April 22, 2007

An Update

Here's a quick recap of the past week:

I made a lightning trip to Vancouver to get Jen to the airport (she is now safely in South Korea) and then had to race up to Kamloops to endure three days of work related education. Spring has sprung in Kamloops - it has yet to arrive at our place. Most mornings when I phoned home, Mike reported new snowfall.

Mike did lots of greenhouse prefabrication while I was away, and today we got it upright. We'll cover it next weekend, and will be able to start growing things soon after! Speaking of growing, my garlic is sprouting! And so are a couple of daffodils!

Greg came to do Buck and Rupert's hooves on Friday. Rupert was first...when Mike went to get him, Buck was sound asleep. When he woke up and found Rupert missing, Buck began racing around frantically until he saw Rupert standing in the driveway. They're quite attached, those two, even though they pretend not to be.

My beautiful sleek golden horse is emerging from his teddy-bear winter coat! Rupert is still in full winter coat, but Buck is looking gorgeous again.

I'm just home from work...my last evening shift! I start a 7 a.m. till noon Monday to Friday job this week. There a weak display of aurora borealis going on in the northern sky tonight.

Will put up some photos in a day or two.

No comments: