Friday, June 15, 2007

Beauty in the South Cariboo...

Mike is working nights and sleeping days this week, so after I finished work this afternoon I took a drive so I wouldn't make noise and wake him up early. I was going to take Jasper, but he decided he'd rather snuggle up on the bed beside Mike.

Exploring 100 Mile's surroundings is one of my very favourite things to do.

Today, I headed out toward Forest Grove, and hung a right on Buffalo Creek Road.
Tree swallows

Wild roses with a barbed wire fence.


A little closer.

A long-dead fir.

An old abandoned log cabin.


Bridge Creek

3 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Love that last picture especially!

Berni said...

Nice to see you having fun with your camera. I just bought myself a cheapy camera to see if I could get into it, as photography was never an interest of mine. So far I haven't taken anything so interesting as you have here. I have to get in the habit of taking it with me.

Cicero Sings said...

Hi Karen,

I never where to answer back ... on my site or on the other persons. I answered on my site first but then thought I'd better answer here too!

The wild flowers ARE wonderful and I truly have been going nutso over the picture taking!

I know the anemones you are talking about and even where to find them but there haven't been any on my current walks ... Old Man's Whiskers though. Pictures of them maybe Thursday.