Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome, Autumn


Fall started in the wee hours of this morning. I'm sure somewhere in the archives of this blog I've proclaimed spring to be my favorite season, but I really think I'll give fall the edge. I love the cool mornings, the turning of the leaves, and being able to put the garden to bed for the year. I'm getting ready for next spring, though; this morning I planted a raised bed full of garlic, and put in many bulbs that arrived Friday by mail from Botanus. This afternoon I lit a small bonfire to clean up some branches and debris that's laying around. I'm estimating that I'll need another 192,412 fires to get the place ship-shape. Maybe in ten years the place'll look good.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

Ooooh, you are ahead of me on the garlic! We are going to pick up our seed garlic from my cousins in Salmon Arm ... on our way home from the coast. I'll have to hop right to it when I get home though .. time is slipping away FAST.