Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Quiet Saturday...

-17 just now. It's been snowing lightly but steadily for the last two days but with very little accumulation...the sun peeked out for a few minutes earlier on, but it didn't last. The temperature has been steadily dropping all day. I had a wicked headache all afternoon and evening yesterday, and though I'm fine today, I feel out of sorts for some reason.

Dogs and I did a tour de fenceline this afternoon...good thing there's snow, as we're going to have to do a bit of "Tuckerproofing" along a few areas under the fence in the spring. Nothing that a tractor bucket full of rocks won't easily fix. I kept losing sight of Tucker on our walk, and 90% of the time I'd find him immediatlely behind me, right on my heels. He got brave enough to go into the forest, but was never far away. He's going through some adjustment issues...has peed inside several times, but we're working on that. Tucker thinks it's great fun to run along the fence beside Buck...Buck couldn't care less, but he's going to have to learn some equine etiquette before Rupert sorts him out. Each of our dogs has learned the hard way that you don't mess with crabby little donkeys!

No comments: