Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Poor Rupert!

When I went out to feed the boys their evening hay, I found Rupert in his usual "feed me, it's dinnertime" spot, but instead of standing there looking starved and expectant, he was laying upside down, cast up against the fence. He was looking terribly unhappy - wildeyed and slightly sweaty, and was totally unable to roll back over to get himself up. Luckily for both of us, he was on some poop covered ice (there are some things not very pretty about the Cariboo in March), and after putting his halter on, I was able to drag/pivot him around and help him onto his chest. He immediately hoisted himself up, looked slightly embarrassed, and momentarily seemed quite grateful for my assistance. He quickly regained his composure, and tucked into his hay like absolutely nothing had happened.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Ha! Ha! The image is too familiar!
Poor Ru** as her daughter hoists her up. Glad only his pride was hurt.

Cicero Sings said...

Perhaps Rupert likes his food just a little too much? A little too tubby perhaps? But don't we all ... like our food too much! Sigh. Did he slip in the snow/ice?

No, the Cariboo in March is not pretty. It is not even that pretty down at the coast at the moment. Some trees are in blossom but with gray skies, even they seem to droop.

Amy said...

Ho ho! What a picture in my mind! But, the poor guy! Yes, it's not a very pretty time of year, is it? We get poop too, but it's all the dog doo doos on the sidewalk that nobody bothered to scoop. Grrr!

Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

Poor Rupee... glad he's ok!

Jean said...

Poor Rupert - sounds like he better come down south to live with me....hehehehehehheh!

I'm glad he's okay.

Amy said...

Hi Karen - thanks so much for remembering Dennis Moore, lol! I found the video on YouTube and put up the link. It was so fun to see that again - I think it been almost twenty years!