Sunday, November 18, 2007

Winter Arrived Yesterday...

Around 3 pm the snow started. We had heavy flurries on and off through the evening, with a total accumulation of maybe 5 cm. Mike arrived home around 9:30 in a snowstorm, and by 10:15 we were enjoying ourselves at the dance. I brought my very tired husband home around half past midnight, and he slept till the coffee was on at 8 a.m. this morning.

A chilly -13.7 when I got up this morning, with an overnight low of -14.3 degrees.

Sadly there was a fatal accident west on Hwy 24 just before noon today...people need to take note of the winter driving conditions. The roads weren't in very good shape when I headed into town...I was taking our duvet to the laundromat, and had to turn around due to the accident and go the Horse Lake route.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

Wow. Only -4 at our place overnight with the veriest skiff of snow! Sorry to hear about the fatal accident.